1. Privacy Information for California Residents
1.1 California Privacy Rights
This section provides you with our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data in the 12 months prior to our last update to this Policy (see the date at the top). It also explains your rights regarding your personal data that we collect (as set forth in the California Consumer Privacy Protection Act or the “CCPA”).
Categories of Information We Collect:
- Your contact details (e.g. your name, address, email address, telephone number and username).
- Payment information (e.g. bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information).
- Demographic information (e.g. race, ethnic origin, religion, or sexual orientation).
- Purchase history & preferences (e.g. records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies).
- Internet activity information (e.g., browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement, or questions and other messages you address to us directly through online forms or by email).
- Inferences (e.g. inferences about your personal preferences and attributes drawn from profiling).
- Online identifiers (e.g. IP address, ADID/IDFA, cookie IDs, internal identification numbers).
- Location data (e.g. your city, state or country information).
- Application information (for job applicants) (e.g. your passport number, driver’s license or other state identification card number, education, and employment information)
Categories of Sources:
- Your device
- Data partners.
Purpose of Collection
- To communicate with you, including to process your requests for products/services and/or information.
- To register your Account.
- To improve our Service, including to better understand our customer base, meet our diversity and inclusion goals; and to help our business partners do the same.
- To enforce our User Agreement, and for the administration and protection of our business.
- To comply with applicable law, regulations, and legal and regulatory processes.
If you opt-in to do so, we may use your name and email address for our marketing purposes and to help our business partners with their marketing.
Disclosure or Sale of Personal Information
|Categories of Information Disclosed or Sold:||Categories of Vendors or Other Entities We Share Information With:|
|Your contact details||Our email service vendors, sweepstakes/promotions partners, social network partners, other vendors who assist in providing services on our behalf, and our business partners.|
|Payment information||Our payment processing vendors.|
|Demographic information||Our research and survey vendors, and our advertisers and other business partners.|
|Purchase history & preferences||Our affiliate partners, and other vendors who assist in providing services on our behalf.|
|Internet activity information, inferences and online identifiers||Advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics vendors, operating systems and platforms, and social networks.|
|Location data||Internet service providers, data analytics vendors, operating systems, and platforms.|
We may share your personal data with government entities when required to do by law.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to know what personal data we collect, disclose, and “sell” about you (as that term is used in the CCPA). Additionally, you have the right to access, delete and opt out from the “sale” of your personal data. Specifically, California residents may request that we:
- Provide you access to and/or a copy of the specific pieces of personal data we collected about you (also called a data portability request)
- Delete certain personal data we have about you.
The CCPA further provides you with the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising your rights.
Note for non-California residents: We will seek to honor requests to exercise the above rights made by non-California residents to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note that certain data may be exempt from such access, data portability, and deletion requests under California law. For example, we need to retain certain data in order to provide the Services to you.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal data. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or deletion twice within a 12-month period.
If you have a registered account with us, you can submit your access or deletion request by signing into your account. You can find instructions on how to proceed at our consent preferences center
If you do not have a registered account, please visit our consent preferences center or contact us at [email protected], and we will provide you with instructions on how to submit your request.
Please note that the verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal data or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal data if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal data relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an Account with us. We will only use personal data provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
1.2 California Notice of Right to Opt-Out of “Sale”
California residents may opt out of the “sale” of their personal data. California law broadly defines “sale” in a way that may include allowing third parties to receive certain data, such as cookies, IP address, and/or browsing behavior, to deliver targeted advertising on our Services or other sites and apps. Advertising, including targeted advertising, enables us to provide you certain content for free and allows us to provide you content relevant to you.
Depending on what Services you use, we may sell (as defined by California law) the following categories of data for such advertising purposes:
- Online Identifiers and internet activity information
- Contact details
- Purchase history & preferences
- Demographic information
- Inferences about personal preferences and attributes drawn from profiling
If you would like to opt out of our use of your personal data for such purposes, you may do as outlined on the following page: “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” or by contacting us at [email protected] This will cause data to cease to be added to any cookies or other tracking technologies that have been set on our Services or block them entirely. Please note that you will need to opt out again if you visit one of our Services from a different device or browser or if you clear your cookies. Please note that we do not knowingly sell the personal data of minors under 16 years of age without legally-required affirmative authorization.
1.3 California Shine the Light Disclosure
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83- 1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer data which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: 111 E. 18th Street, New York, NY 10003, Attn: Office of the General Counsel.